If you know how to infuse oil for cooking with cannabis (click here for directions if you don’t), you have the skills (and the product) you need to make delightful medicated marijuana bath salts!
This citrus scented recipe is both invigorating, due to it’s lemony scent, and relaxing, due to marijuana infused epsom salts. Pour a cup or so into the tub and enjoy! These also make a fabulous homemade gift.
A Money Saving Infused Topicals Tip
When infusing oil for making cannabis topicals, you can use the same material you would use for edibles — bud and/or or trimmings. You can also save some bucks by using your leftover already vaped weed AKA duff. Sure a lot of the cannabinoids are gone, but there are still lots left. If making an oil infusion from the toasty vape leftovers, use about twice the amount of cannabis you would normally use when making canna-oil, otherwise the process is the same. Some people like to cook with this oil too. I find it gives me a headache, so I don’t usually bother, but it is great for using when making topicals like these marijuana bath salts.
How To Make Marijuana Bath Salts
- Gather you materials. You will need: Epsom salts; an orange and a lemon; cannabis infused olive oil or coconut oit; essential oils: any combination of lemon, orange, lime, and/or bergamot.
- Zest the citrus. Use a fine grater or microplaner to remove the zest from the orange and lemon. The zest is just the outer part of the fruit where the color and essential oils are. Adding zest to our marijuana bath salts will give them color and a little additional scent. Stop grating just short of the inner white pith.
- Combine ingredients. In a large bowl, combine 4 cups of epsom salts, the zest from the orange and lemon, 1/4 cup cannabis infused oil, and about 20 drops of essential oil. Put on rubber gloves and use your hands to mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Package it. Store your bath salts in glass jars. Add about 3/4 to 1 cup per bath and enjoy!
You might also enjoy:
- Do Cannabis Topicals Get You High or Cause You to Fail a Drug Test?
- Does Topical Cannabis Really Work?