I just wanted to mention, I will be in Oklahoma City over Labor Day weekend for the Cannaspa on Tour event. I hope to meet some of you there! Tickets are only $4.20.
This week I have one of my favorite chocolate recipes, Molten Lava Cake, along with a frequently asked question about infusing oils. Read on!
(Sorry no meme this week, my files are on a different computer as my power supply died and I am waiting for the new one to be delivered.)
What is better when cooking with cannabis, butter or oil? And if oil, what is the best oil for making marijuana infusions?
I am surprised at how frequently I get asked this question. The answer is simple: It depends! When it comes to cooking, marijuana metabolizes best in fats so you are definitely on the right track.
Support our awesome sponsors and save!
- Ardent Decarboxylater: For $30.00 off the Ardent Nova or Ardent FX decarboxylator, infuser, baker, enter the coupon code CANNACHERI at checkout.
- Dr. Dabber: Get 15% off any order including the fabulous Dr. Dabber Switch enter the coupon code CHERI15 at checkout.
- DaVinci Vaporizers: Save 15% off any order from DaVinci (my favorite flower vapes) by entering the coupon code SAVE15 at checkout.
- Genius Pipes: Save 10% off any order from Genius Pipes by entering the coupon code CHERI10 at checkout.
- Viperspectra LED Grow Lights: For free shipping in the U.S. and a special 5% discount, use coupon code CANNABISCHERI at checkout.
As soon as you cut into one of these little chocolate cakes, hot chocolate lava starts flowing out for a to-die-for decadent medicated chocolate meal finale. All ovens vary, so watch carefully and do not overbake this recipe or the cakes will lose their lava component (although they will still be tasty). This recipe isn’t difficult, but there is a very short “perfect” window in which to remove the cakes from the oven. A minute more and they’re overcooked, a minute too little and the batter will be a runny mess.
I use Marijuana Butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.