Did you ever wonder how it is possible for a marijuana salve or other topical, slathered onto the skin, can actually provide relief? We take a closer look in this newsletter. Once you understand how it cannabis interacts in the body and specifically the skin, it all becomes clear.
Plus check out the amazing recipe below for Maple Marijuana Butter Tarts, another Canadian favorite (following up on last week’s Beaver Tails).
You might have heard the latest health and beauty buzz about how CBD and THC from marijuana are infusing all kinds of skincare products. Ordinary folks along with high profile celebrities are singing the praises of slathering marijuana on their faces and all over their bodies, of soaking in it, bathing with it, and even bringing it into the bedroom to enhance intimate moments. Ooooooh la la!
I know what you are probably asking yourself.
Does slathering cannabis salve on your body have any actual medical benefits or is this all just a heap of Hollywood hype?
Not at all! Science shows us that topical marijuana can help regulate immune responses in the skin, and has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antibacterial properties!
More often than not, cannabis topicals are used for inflammation, itching, and localized pain relief, but new studies, coupled with tons of anecdotal evidence, is beginning to reveal a host of other conditions that topical cannabis may help including, but not limited to, skin cancers.
Read more to learn more about how and why topicals actually work!
- Ardent Decarboxylater: For $30.00 off the Ardent Decarboxylator/Small Batch Infuser enter the coupon code CANNACHERI at checkout.
- Cannademy.com: Get 15% off any online course including A Crash Course in Marijuana, Easy DIY Marijuana Topicals, and Easy Cannabis Cooking for Home Cooks by entering the coupon code CANNABISCHERI15 at checkout.
- Dr. Dabber: Get 15% off any order including the fabulous Dr. Dabber Switch enter the coupon code CHERI15 at checkout.
- Joy Organics CBD products: For 15% off any order enter the coupon code cheri15 at checkout.
- DaVinci Vaporizers: Save 15% off accessories for your DaVinci Vaporizer by entering the coupon code SAVE15 at checkout.
- Boldt Bags: For 10% off any order from Boldt Bags (my favorite brand of filter bags for kief and hash making) enter the coupon code cheri at checkout.
- Genius Pipes: Save 10% off any order from Genius Pipes by entering the coupon code CHERI10 at checkout.
Blazed Butter Tarts – Yum!
I came up with this recipe for the now defunct Freedom Leaf Magazine to celebrate Canada’s legalizing marijuana. Classic Butter Tarts date back to the pioneers who settled the Canadian prairies. This maple-enhanced version also gives a nod to Canada’s east coast. And of course the cannabis is a nod to Canada’s being the first G-7 nation to legalize marijuana.
Get the recipe for Maple Marijuana Butter Tarts