Cannabis cookies, weed cookies, pot cookies, no matter what you call them, marijuana cookies are the edibles of choice for many cannabis edibles fans. So much so that some people seem to think that is the only food you can make from marijuana!
Cannabis cookies are a great edible for even beginners to make. Many classic favorite cookie recipes are easy to make, are forgiving, and are extremely adaptable to cannabis cooking.
I have included tons of tasty, tested recipes for cannabis cookies on this page. However, know that it is easy to medicate most any cookie recipe.
That's right, you can take your Grandma's favorite recipe for her special holidays cookies and turn them into cannabis cookies! Read on!
Why Are Cannabis Cookies So Popular?
It makes sense that cannabis cookies are so popular. What's not to like?
- They taste great.
- They are usually easy to make.
- They come in all different types and flavors to appeal to all different tastes.
- You usually only need a single bowl to make them. Likewise there is little mess to clean up afterwards.
- They are easy to pick up and eat.
- They pack well for edibles on the go.
- Most cookie doughs are freezer friendly, so that you can have fresh-from-the-oven cannabis cookies anytime you like.
- Cannabis cookies or cookie dough make great DIY gifts for edibles loving friends and family.
Adding Cannabis to Cookies
How to Use Cannabutter to Make Cookies
Most cookie recipes contain significant quantities of butter. Likewise, it's easy to swap out some or all of the butter in your favorite cookie recipe for marijuana butter. Easy peasey.
This is how you can take modify your Grandma's favorite cookie recipe into a cannabis cookie recipe.
In fact cookies are one of the easiest way to start experimenting with adapting your own recipes for cannabis cooking (a topic I cover more thoroughly in my comprehensive online Cannabis Cooking Course).
Using Cannabis Concentrates to Make Cookies
Of course you can always use decarboxylized rosin, hash oil, kief or hash to medicate cannabis cookie recipes too. When you use a concentrate you don't even need to take the time of making an infusion.
However, I do find it is a good idea to melt your concentrate into the butter. This insures a more even distribution of the cannabis. This is important so that all the cookies in your batch carry a consistent dose.
If your recipe calls for melted butter, no problem. Just stir the concentrate into the melted butter until it is evenly dispersed.
However if your recipe calls for you to cream the butter and sugar together, as many cookie recipes do, prepare for this ahead of time if you choose to medicate your recipe with concentrates or tinctures:
- Gently melt and heat the butter the cookie recipe calls for. A few seconds in the microwave usually does the trick. We are looking for melted butter that is warm but not hot.
- Stir the concentrate or tincture into the warm melted butter until it is dissolved and evenly incorporated.
- Add the concentrate-infused butter to your recipe according to the recipe instructions, taking time to let it cool and solidify before making the recipe, if needed.
Concentrates are also handy if you find you ever want to make a super strongly dosed edible. Simply augment your cannabutter with concentrates.
Dosages for Cannabis Cookies
No matter which way you choose to medicate your cannabis cookies, the challenge comes with dosing.
Some recipes use so much butter, you might find yourself creating a super strong cookies if you substituted ALL of it for infused cannabutter.
No problem! Take my Free online Marijuana Edibles Dosing Course to learn how to custom dose your cannabis cookie recipes.
It only takes about 10 minutes to take the course, but you'll be rewarded with more accurate and consistent results whenever you make cannabis cookies, or any time you cook any recipe with marijuana!
Better yet, use my invaluable Dosage Calculators that do all the math for you and makes adjusting recipes a breeze. Only $5.00!
How to Freeze Cannabis Cookies!
Can you freeze cannabis cookie dough? YES!!!
One of the great things about cannabis cookies is the fact that unbaked cookie dough usually freezes well!
Guess what, unbaked medicated cookie dough also makes a great DIY gift for edibles lovers. Just include instructions with the packaged frozen medicated cookies.
You will probably not want to, nor should you, chow down on an entire batch of cannabis cookies at once. Freezing can significantly help with portion control. It also lets you have delicious fresh hot-from-the-oven edibles on hand any time you want them.
You have two choices when it comes to freezing cannabis cookie dough:
- Shape the dough into a log, wrap the log well in plastic wrap then foil. Freeze. When ready to bake, slice off cookie portions and bae according the recipe instructions.
- Portion out the cookie dough into individual cookies. Place on a baking sheet and freeze. Transfer frozen cookies to a freezer storage bag or tub. When ready to bake simply place frozen cookies in a baking sheet and bake according to recipe instructions.
Recipes for the Best Cannabis Cookies
There are no end to the variations on the types of cannabis cookies you can make. Below are some of my personal favorite recipes. I hope you enjoy them as well. There is something for all tastes. I do periodically update this list, so check back often.
- Peanut Butter Weed Cookies (this is THE most popular recipe on this entire website
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cannabis Cookies (the 2nd most popular recipe on this site)
- Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Marijuana Cookies
- Marijuana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- Sativa Snickerdoodles
- Fudge Filled Pot Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Reefer Raspberry Rugelach
- Cannabis Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Puff Puff Pfeffernusse Cookies
- Lit Linzer Heart Cookies
- Ganja Gingerbread Cookies
- Creepy Hempy Halloween Finger Cookies