This rich creamy marijuana risotto makes a great entree when paired with a simple salad.
Substitute bacon to make this recipe a bit more economical or leave out the meat altogether for a vegetarian version. You can also use this as a side dish, albeit a rich side dish.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 40 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Cannabis Infused Apple Parmesan Risotto Recipe
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock or vegetable stock
- 4 ounces pancetta or bacon finely diced
- 1 onion small, white or yellow, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups rice Arborio
- 1/3 cup vermouth or white wine dry
- 2 cups apple Granny Smith, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley fresh, minced
- 1 1/4 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons cannabis infused butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper black
- Place stock in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, lower heat and keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta or bacon and cook until it starts to brown.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until starting to toast, about 2 minutes more.
- Add vermouth or white wine and stir to deglaze the pan. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in apples and parsley.
- Lower heat to medium and begin adding the stock to the skillet, one ladle at a time, cooking and stirring between each addition until almost all of the previous addition has evaporated before adding more. When all the stock has been incorporated, the rice should be creamy and tender.
- Stir in nutmeg.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan, cannabutter, and butter until melted and well combined.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir and serve.