Balsamic vinegar adds a sweetness to Brussel Sprouts' crunchy somewhat nutty flavor in this favorite cannabis recipe. A touch of rosemary, which shares a terpene -- an element that gives aroma and flavor -- with marijuana, ties it all together for a fabulous medicated side dish for a big holiday meal, or anytime!
I use Cannabis Infused Oil to medicate this recipe. This tutorial will teach you how to make it, if you don't already know.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 55 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts -- Cannabis Recipes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused oil preferable olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 spring or branch rosemary fresh
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet and toss with the cannabis infused oil. Include any loose leaves too as these get nice and brown when roasted and add to the flavor and texture of the overall dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix until sprouts are well coated.
- Roast until sprouts are starting to brown and are tender with crisp centers (or completely tender if that is how you prefer them). Stir to mix once during the roasting time, which will be about 20 to 25 minutes.
- While sprouts are roasting, place balsamic in a small saucepan along with rosemary spring. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce by half. Remove rosemary spring and set aside.
- When sprouts are cooked, remove from oven and put in a large serving bowl. Drizzle reduced balsamic over spouts and toss to coat. Season with addition salt and pepper if needed. Serve.