Infuse your fried turkey with Cajun spice and cannabis with this fabulous marijuana marinade inspired by the region that first gave us the fried turkey! This recipe uses cannabis infused butter. Check out my how to make marijuana butter tutorial if you need to make a batch first.
That Turkey’s High! – How to Make Marijuana Deep Fried Turkey
Be sure to check out my Marijuana Deep Fried Turkey tutorial for my favorite way to use this marijuana marinade recipe. You'll also find recipes for more injectable marijuana marinades for turkey there along with photo instructions of how to use them!
Not Just for Fried Turkey!
If you don’t have a turkey fryer, or don’t want to go to the time, trouble, and expense of making fried turkey, know that this marinade recipe also works great with roast turkey too. Just inject the turkey (follow the instructions with the turkey frying tutorial), and then instead of deep-frying, roast in the oven as you usually do. You’ll still have a delicious, moist, flavorful, and marijuana medicated turkey!
Need a turkey fryer or a meat injector? Shop for deals at Amazon.com!
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 44 mg THC per serving (figuring on a turkey being 16 servings). IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Recipe for Cajun Style Injectable Marijuana Marinade for Turkey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 ounces beer
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper more if you like things spicy
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl or food processor. Process or whisk together until well combined and emulsified. Fill a meat injector syringe with the marinade to inject the meat with flavor and cannabis about 4 hours prior to deep-frying or roasting the turkey.