This marijuana rum cocktail, is reprinted with permission from Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails, and Tonics: The Art of Spirited Drinks and Buzz-Worthy Libations, by Warren Bobrow (2016 Fairwinds).
Warren has instructions for infusing the rum with cannabis in his book.
Check out my interview with Warren Bobrow and more about his terrific new book Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails, and Tonics, along with more Cannabis Cocktail recipes!
Cannabis Cocktail Recipe: The Future Is Uncertain and the End Is Always Near
- 1/2 kiwi grilled (see below)
- 2 ounces (60ml) cannabis infused VSOP Rhum Agricole
- 1/4 ounce orgeat syrup
- 1 cube coconut water ice large
- To grill the kiwi: Peel a kiwi and cut it in half lengthwise. Place the fruit cut side down on a hot cast-iron pan for 2-3 minutes per side to help the fruit caramelize. Let cool.
- Using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, muddle the grilled kiwi in a Boston shaker.
- Add 1 ounce of the Rhum Agricole, then continue to muddle.
- Add the orgeat syrup, and fill the shaker three-quarters full with ice.
- Add the rest of the Rhum Agricole, then cap and shake hard for 10 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a rocks glass over a large cube of coconut water ice, and serve immediately