(Be sure to also check out my big cookie feature: How to Make the Best Cannabis Cookies: Recipes, Tips, and Troubleshooting.)
These little sugar dusted spice cookies are an important part of the holiday celebration for many cultures. But making Marijuana Pfeffernusse will make any celebration even more celebratory!
Medicating Marijuana Pfeffernusse with Kief
I like to make the traditional German cookies with kief as I think the spicy notes in the kief blend well with the spices in the cookies. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
A note about the Dosing for the Marijuana Pfeffernusse recipe!
Each of the 32 tiny marijuana pfeffernusse cookies this recipe makes will have about 10 mg THC, IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cannabis Cookies - Marijuana Pfeffernusse
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 gram decarboxylated kief finely crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together honey, granulated sugar and brown sugar, melted butter, egg and egg yolk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour and remaining ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well blended.
- Form cookies by rolling about 2 teaspoons of dough into small balls. Place on prepared baking sheets about 2-inches apart and bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly before rolling in a generous dusting of confectioner’s sugar.
Decarboxylation and Dosing* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.