The small Pennsylvania Dutch cookies with the funny name are deceptively simple. It’s only cinnamon and sugar that gives them their terrific flavor. Because of this simplicity, I prefer to make the medicated version of this cookie with kief. I find the finished cookie tastes better, as the somewhat nutty flavor of the kief blends better than the more common herbal undertones of cannabis-infused butter.
Be sure to decarboxylate your kief first. Learn how, along with more tips for cooking with kief and hash at this link.
Making kief with dry ice is super quick and easy. This page has a 2-minute video that shows you how.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 35 mg THC per cookie IF you used decarboxylated average kief (60% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 grams kief or hash
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or cover with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and remaining sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in kief or ground hash and beat until cannabis concentrate is evenly distributed in the butter. Beat in the egg, then beat in the vanilla. Reduce speed to medium-low and gradually mix in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Scoop out cookies, about 1 1/2 tablespoons each, and roll between your hands into a semi-flattened ball.
- Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to completely coat the outside and then place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until fairly firm and just beginning to brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Decarboxylation & Dosing Kief and Hash* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 275 degrees F for 25 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.