This easy to make cannabis corn bread uses my favorite kitchen tool — a cast iron skillet. I could not live without mine. Even though it is heavier than other cookware, I even take mine along in the RV. Using cast iron will give you a nice crispy finish on the cornbread that I love. I suppose if you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you could grease and flour loaf pans and make the cornbread that way.
But for best results, invest in a cast iron skillet. Not only does it make great corn bread, it’s the best choice for LOTS of other dishes, imparts a little healthy iron into your diet, and lasts forever. Literally. Forever.
I use cannabis infused butter to medicate this recipe. Click the link if you don’t already know how to make it.
I love to serve this cornbread hot, spread with honey butter. Just beat in a couple of tablespoons of honey to some soft butter and you are good to go.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or better yet, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cast Iron Skillet Cannabis Corn Bread
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour all-purpose
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs large, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cannabis infused butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil vegetable, olive, or canola
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and place a 9-inch cast iron skillet in the oven to heat it.
- Mix milk and cornmeal in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Melt cannabis butter and butter together in the microwave or over low heat on the stovetop..
- Sift flour, baking power, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon to beat cornmeal mixture, eggs, and melted butters into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Remove heated pan from the oven. Spread the oil over the bottom of pan, swirling pan to evenly coat the bottom and partially up the sides.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet, smooth out the top, and bake until starting to brown and cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18 - 20 minutes. Let cool in skillet for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
Making Marijuana ButterThis tutorial will teach you to make the marijuana butter used in this recipe.
Edibles Dosing:This dose is only a suggestion. To learn how to PRECISELY dose this and other recipes, take my FREE online dosing class (takes just 10 minutes).