Blueberries and lemons are two of my favorite flavors that are even better when paired together, as in these blueberry studded lemon cakes topped with lemon buttercream icing. If you cook with lemon or blueberry strains of cannabis, you’ll have an even better flavor match!
I use marijuana butter to medicate this recipe. My Making Marijuana Butter tutorial will help you make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per cupcake IF you made your marijuana butter and oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter or oil. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter and oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that includes my handy dosage calculator tool.
Cannabis Cupcakes - Blueberry Yum Yum Cupcakes with Lemon Haze Icing
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Yellow sugar sprinkles for garnish optional
- blueberries optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer in a large bowl to beat together cannabis butter, butter, and sugar until well combined and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon extract until well combined and light and smooth.
- Lower mixer speed and mix in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Remove from mixer and gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each cupcake liner about ¾ the way full with batter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- Mix softened butter on high speed with an electric or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in lemon extract and lemon juice until well combined,
- Lower mixer speed and slowly mix in the powdered sugar. Once all the sugar is in, increase mixer speed and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag fitted with a start tip, or simply spread with a knife. If desired, garnish with yellow sugar or sprinkles and additional fresh blueberries.