Blueberries and lemons are two of my favorite flavors that are even better when paired together, as in these lemon and blueberry cannabis cupcakes topped with lemon buttercream icing. Or optionally lemon cannabis icing!
If you cook with lemon or blueberry strains of cannabis, you’ll have an even better flavor match! Learn more about matching cannabis strains to recipe in my Terpenes tutorial.
Infuse Blueberry Cannabis Cupcakes with Cannabutter
I use marijuana butter to medicate this recipe. My Making Marijuana Butter tutorial will help you make it. I like the flavor of this recipe when made with butter. It's also somewhat traditional for cupcakes.
That said, those won't want to use cannabutter can substitute cannabis infused coconut oil, one for one, for the butter. You'll get great results and the subtle coconut flavor is a nice addition.
A note about the Dosage for the Blueberry Cannabis Cupakes recipe
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per cupcake IF you made your marijuana butter and oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter or oil. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter and oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
For a Stronger Dosage Make Lemon Weed Icing
The weed cupcake recipe below infuses the cannabis into the cake and leaves the frosting unmedicated. If you want a stronger dose however, know that you can substitute cannabis for some fo the butter in the icing in to to make Lemon Weed Icing.
However, if I am going to infuse this particular icing, I prefer to use tincture or isolate. This is because infusions like cannabutter taste better after cooking. As we are not cooking this icing, I find a dropper full of tincture is a better method of making weed icing. To make weed icing, simply beat in tincture or isolate with the butter and sugar.
Cannabis Cupcakes - Blueberry Yum Yum Cupcakes with Lemon Haze Icing
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- granulated sugar optional
- blueberries optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer in a large bowl to beat together cannabis butter, butter, and sugar until well combined and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon extract until well combined and light and smooth.
- Lower mixer speed and mix in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Remove from mixer and gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each cupcake liner about ¾ the way full with batter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- Mix softened butter on high speed with an electric or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in lemon extract and lemon juice until well combined,
- Lower mixer speed and slowly mix in the powdered sugar. Once all the sugar is in, increase mixer speed and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag fitted with a start tip, or simply spread with a knife. If desired, garnish with yellow sugar or sprinkles and additional fresh blueberries.