These yummy Cocoa Kahlua Cannabis Cupcakes combine the flavors of chocolate and Kahlua, Mexico’s favorite coffee flavored liqueur. Don’t worry, there is just enough to add flavor but not give you alcohol buzz.
You can use this recipe to make 12 standard sized cupcakes, or 36 mini-cupcakes (perfect for those who want a smaller dose). Don’t forget you can also adjust dosage downward by substituting some of the canna-butter for regular butter. Those who seek a stronger dose can augment this recipe with hash or kief.
Use Cannabutter to Infuse Cocoa Kahlua Cannabis Cupcakes
I use cannabutter to medicate this weed cupcake recipe. I like the flavor it adds. My Making Marijuana Butter tutorial will help you make it.
Alternate to Cannabutter when making Cocoa Kahlua Cannabis Cupcakes
Instead of cannabutter, you can also get great results by substituting 1 for 1 with infused coconut oil. This is a good tip to keep in mind, to only for this recipe. You can substitute coconut oil for butter al most any baking recipe. Coconut oil produces exceptionally moist baked goods with a mild coconut flavor. If you don't want flavor, use MCT Coconut oil.
Freezer Friendly Cocoa Kahlua Cannabis Cupcakes!
Freezing these cupcakes is an awesome idea. It extends their life. Keeps you from eating too many at once. And makes it easy to have an infused edible treat anytime you need or want one.
Wrap cupcakes individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag and freeze. When you want a weed cupcake, just bring to room temperature and enjoy.
A note about the Dosage for the Cocoa Kahlua Cannabis Cupcakes recipe
This recipe will have about 55 mg THC per regular size cupcake or 17 mg THC per mini-cupcake, IF you made your marijuana butter and oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter or oil.
To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter and oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cannabis Cupcakes - Kushy Cocoa Kahlua Cupcakes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Kahlua Tia Maria, or other coffee flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua Tia Maria, or other coffee flavored liqueur
- cocoa and/or cocoa nibs for garnish optional
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan or 36-cup mini-cupcake pan(s) with paper liners.
- Mix cocoa and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat cannabis infused butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy and well combined.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs and Kahlua.
- Beat in cocoa and water mixture and continue mixing until smooth and well combined.
- Lower mixer speed and beat in dry ingredients until just mixed, do not over beat.
- Divide mixture between prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. About 12-15 minutes for large cupcakes, about 10- 12 minutes for mini-cupcakes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in confectioner’s sugar. Add Kahlua, a little at a time until you reach an icing consistency you like.
- Pipe icing onto cupcakes, or alternately spread with a spatula. Garnish, if desired, with cocoa nibs and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.