These yummy cupcakes combine the flavors of chocolate and Kahlua, Mexico’s favorite coffee flavored liqueur. Don’t worry, there is just enough to add flavor but not give you alcohol buzz. You can use this recipe to make 12 standard sized cupcakes, or 36 mini-cupcakes (perfect for those who want a smaller dose). Don’t forget you can also adjust dosage downward by substituting some of the canna-butter for regular butter. Those who seek a stronger dose can augment this recipe with hash or kief.
I use marijuana butter to medicate this recipe. My Making Marijuana Butter tutorial will help you make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 55 mg THC per regular size cupcake or 17 mg THC per mini-cupcake, IF you made your marijuana butter and oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter or oil. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter and oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that includes my handy dosage calculator tool.
Cannabis Cupcakes - Kushy Cocoa Kahlua Cupcakes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Kahlua Tia Maria, or other coffee flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 3/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua Tia Maria, or other coffee flavored liqueur
- cocoa and/or cocoa nibs for garnish optional
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan or 36-cup mini-cupcake pan(s) with paper liners.
- Mix cocoa and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat cannabis infused butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy and well combined.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs and Kahlua.
- Beat in cocoa and water mixture and continue mixing until smooth and well combined.
- Lower mixer speed and beat in dry ingredients until just mixed, do not over beat.
- Divide mixture between prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. About 12-15 minutes for large cupcakes, about 10- 12 minutes for mini-cupcakes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in confectioner’s sugar. Add Kahlua, a little at a time until you reach an icing consistency you like.
- Pipe icing onto cupcakes, or alternately spread with a spatula. Garnish, if desired, with cocoa nibs and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
Making Marijuana Butter and DosingThis tutorial will teach you to make the marijuana butter used in this recipe. This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. To learn how to PRECISELY dose this and other recipes, take my FREE online dosing course (takes about 10 minutes).
More Recipes for Cannabis Cupcakes
- Lemon Haze Blueberry Yum Yum Cupcakes
- OG Orange Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Banana Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Icing
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Death by Chocolate Cupcakes