Healthy cannabis hummus is wonderful served with raw vegetables or triangles of pita bread.
Tahini is a butter made from sesame seeds. Find it in health food stores, Middle Eastern markets, or most supermarkets. Don’t be confused in the market -- garbanzo beans and chickpeas, the primary ingredient in cannabis hummus, are different names for the exact same legume.
I use marijuana infused oil to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
A note about the Dosing the Cannabis Hummus recipe!
The cannabis hummus will have about 15 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil.
To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
If you plan on serving the cannabis hummus as 420 party food, be sure to medicate lightly, lest you end up with a roomful of sleepy party guests.
- Food Processor
- 1 can garbanzo beans 15 ounces, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup
plus 2 tablespoons, tahini
- 1 tablespoon cannabis infused olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice juice of 1 large lemon)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- assorted raw veggies or pita bread for dipping
- In the bowl of a food processor combine garbanzo beans, tahini, hash, garlic, Italian parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne, if using. Process until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add a small amount of water, a tablespoon at a time, until you reach a consistency you like. Transfer to a serving bowl. If desired, make a small well in center of the dip and pour in additional olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.