Use decarboxylated Kief or Hash to medicate this recipe. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 40 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Banana Caramel Marijuana Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 grams kief, hash or hash oil decarboxylated, finely ground for hash
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar preferably dark
- 2 eggs large
- 2 bananas medium, ripe
- 1/2 cup cream heavy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter unsalted, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cream heavy
- 1 can (14 ounces) Duce de Leche *
- shaved chocolate for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper cupcake liners in 14 muffin tin cups.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and kief or hash. Stir to combine well. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, banana, cream, and vanilla until well combined. Lower mixer speed and beat in dry dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for about 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan, with paper cups, to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare icing while cupcakes are baking. Beat 1 cup butter in mixer on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly beat in 2 cups confectioner’s sugar. Beat in salt, vanilla extract, cream, and dulce de leche. Continue adding powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency. Mix on medium speed for about 4 minutes or until smooth and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes when completely cool.
Freezer Friendly!Store baked cupcakes in the freezer, either frosted or unfrosted. A gallon size zip-top plastic storage bag makes a good container. Make 2 layers, separated by a sheet of waxed paper, then remove just the amount you need whenever you want a treat. If you choose to frost later you can freeze covered plastic containers of icing separately. Thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes before frosting cakes. (Hint: Cakes are easier to frost when frozen). Let frosted cupcake sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving.
Decarboxylation and Dosing* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class. *** Dulce de Leche
Dulce de Leche is a caramelized sweetened condensed milk. Find it, packed in cans or plastic bottles, in Latin markets or the Latin foods section of most supermarkets.