For the ultimate Jewish comfort food, rich egg noodles are baked with a slightly sweet, raisin studded creamy buttery sauce.
To make holiday entertaining easy, make ahead and keep prepared kugel in the refrigerator until time to bake and serve.
I use marijuana butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class or use my Dosage Calculator tools that do all the math for you.
Kushy Marijuana Kugel
- 3/4 pound egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons cannabis infused butter melted
- 1/4 cup butter plus 2 tablespoons, melted
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs large
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter eight 1/2-cup sized ramekins. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling, add noodles and cook for about 4 minutes – noodles should still be al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl mix cooked noodles with remaining ingredients and toss to combine well. Divide among the prepared ramekins. Bake until set and tops are beginning to brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.