Popcorn makes a great blank culinary canvas with which to create marvelous medicated munchies. Pop up some plain popcorn on the stovetop or in the popcorn popper, and toss with some canna-butter and cinnamon and sugar for an irresistible cannabis popcorn snack.
You can even use this cannabis popcorn recipe on plain store-bought popcorn.
I would, however, avoid microwave popcorn, as it usually has too much going on in the flavor department, plus it is loaded with unhealthy ingredients.
I use marijuana-infused butter to medicate this recipe. My How to Make Cannabis Butter tutorial will teach you how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on the Cinnamon Sugar Cannabis Popcorn Recipe
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter.
To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or better yet, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Cannabis Snacks: Churros Style Cinnamon Sugar Pot Popcorn
- 8 cups popped popcorn plain
- 1 tablespoon cannabis infused butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt canna-butter and butter together over low heat in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, toss popcorn with melted butters and remaining ingredients until eevrything is well mixed. Srve immediately. Store cooled leftovers in an airtight container.