These sugar-free cannabis keto brownies are delicious and fudgey!
You'll never guess they are sugar free, gluten free, and super quick and easy to make. They even freeze well!
I've tried lots of recipes for keto brownies before I came up with this one. Most left me underwhelmed. Even the ones from mixes. And what is the point of a treat that is so dull you don't want to eat it?
Not these. These are by far the best keto brownies I have had. They are rich and fudgey and moist, and DELICIOUS!
Ingredients for Cannabis Keto Brownies
Of course the ingredients for these low carb brownies are substantially different than regular brownies. That's because they use no sugar and no white flour.
- Almond Flour -- stands in for wheat flour and keeps these brownies gluten-free.
- Sugar-free sweetener -- you can use your favorite brand or type of granulated sugar substitute. I tested the recipe with a an allulose and monkfruit blend sweetener that produced outstanding results. When it comes to keto sweeteners, you have lots of choices. If you test this with a different sweetener than I used, be sure to let us know how it turned out in the comments.
- Keto Chocolate Chips -- yes with so many people on keto diets, you now can get keto chocolate chips and they are delicious!
- Cocoa Powder -- Either regular or Dutched cocoa will work fine in this recipe.
Tips for the Best Cannabis Keto Brownies
- Do not over-bake as they will continue to cook while cooling.
- If you prefer cakey or fudgey brownies, increase the baking time by 2-3 minutes.
- If you dry ingredients have lumps, sift them before mixing the batter.
- Vary the brownies by folding in 1/2 cup chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans.
Storing the Sugar-Free Cannabis Brownies
These brownies will keep at room temperature for about 3 days or in the fridge, wrapped, for about 7 days. Best of all, you can cut into individual portions and freeze where they will keep for about 3 months. Whenever you want an infused brownie, just bring to room temperature and enjoy.
A note on the Dosing for the Sugar-Free Marijuana Brownies
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter.
To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Recipe for Best Ever Cannabis Keto Brownies
Sugar- Free Cannabis Keto Brownies
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa unsweetened, powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 3/4 cup sugar-free sweetener see notes above
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs large
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup keto chocolate chips divided, see notes above
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8X8-inch pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper (not required but it does make it easier to get the brownies neatly out of the pan).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the alond flour, cocoa, baking powder, and sugar-substitute. Set aside
- Sir together the cannabutter, butter and half of the chocolate chips over low heat until butters and chocolate are melted and mixture is smooth and well combined. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs into the chocolate/butter mixture one at a time, until mixture is smooth.
- Stir vanilla into the chocolate/butter/egg mixture.
- Stir in the cmobined dry ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out barely clean. It is better to under rather than over bake.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before cutting.