Chewy and studded with sweet little raisins, these cookies are an old-fashioned favorite. However this recipe updates the classic with spices that not only add culinary interest, they help mask the flavor of cannabis that most of most of us are trying to avoid.
You can use either golden raisins or regular brown raisins in this recipe. Or if you don't like raisins at all, skip them and make Oatmeal Spice Cannabis Cookies.
Use Cannabutter to Medicate Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies
I use cannabutter to infuse these spicy cannabis oatmeal cookies as I think it provides the best flavor and texture. However, infused coconut oil is a good vegan substitute.
If you don't already know how to make cannabutter, check out my 4 foolproof ways to make cannabutter tutorial.
Freezer Friendly Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies
Freezing unbaked cannabis cookies can also help with portion control. You're less apt to go back for seconds if you have bake a new batch.
To freeze Spicy Oatmeal Cannabis Cookies, form unbaked dough into cookies and place on a baking sheet. Freeze before transferring cookies to a freezer storage bag or container.
When you want edibles, bake the frozen cookies on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet at 375 degrees F for about 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
A Note on the Dosage for Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies
Each the cannabis oatmeal cookies in this recipe will have about 25mg THC IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup cannabis infused butter.
To learn how to adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your cannabutter, take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it. Even better, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins
- 1 cup flour all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger dried, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice optional
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar preferably dark, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1 egg large
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins golden or brown, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 large baking sheets, or alternately line them with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, beat canna-butter and butter with brown sugar and sugar with an electric mixer until well combined and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients just until combined.
- Add oats and raisins and beat just until combined. Do not overmix!
- Place drops of dough, about 1 3/4 tablespoons each, about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.