Here is an easy to make edibles recipe that everyone will love.
If you make cannabis peach cobbler during summer, you can take advantage of fresh, juicy, in season peaches. But honestly you can make it year round by substituting frozen peaches instead.
I first learned to make peach cobbler as a teenager. I was living in Mississippi at the time and it was a staple at summertime pot lucks.
I like this cannabis cobbler best when served warm out of the oven with vanilla ice cream. But it’s not bad at room temperature either. With or without ice cream.
Peeling Peaches Made Easy
If you opt to use fresh peaches you are going to want to peel them first for the best results with this cannabis recipe. The easiest way to do peel peaches is to to blanch them first.
How to Blanch Peaches
To blanch fresh peaches, have a large pot of boiling water going and a large bowl of ice water nearby.
Using a slotted spoon, gently lower peaches into the boiling water in batches of 2 or 3 at a time. Leave the peaches in the boiling water for about 30 seconds.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the blanched peaches to the ice-water bath. This stops the peaches from cooking but makes the peels easy to simply slip off.
Use Cannabutter to Make Cannabis Peach Cobbler
Cobbler crusts typically contain butter. Likewise, it’s an easy matter to swap out some or all of it for cannabis infused butter. How much cannabutter you use will depend on your dosing needs and tolerance, as well as the strength of the cannabis you are cooking with (more info on dosing below).
If you don’t have, or don’t already know about to make cannabis infused butter, click on over to my How to Make Cannabutter tutorial before starting to make this recipe.
A Note on Dosages for Cannabis Peach Cobbler
This recipe will contain about 35 mgs of THC in each of its 9 servings. IF you made made you cannabis from plant material containing 10% THC (the national average) and used 1/2 ounce or 14 grams to make 1 cup of cannabis infused butter.
To adjust the recipe for your individual dosage needs and to reflect the strength and amount of cannabis you are using take my free online dosing class, or better yet get my online dosage calculators that do all the math for you. Just $5.00.
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Cannabis Peach Cobbler
- 1 baking dish 9X13-inches
- 4 1/2 cups peaches peeled, pitted and sliced, about 6 medium peaches, fresh or frozen
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar divided
- 4 tablespoons cannabis infused butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour all purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the peeled sliced peaches, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt to a saucepan and stir to combine. Cook on medium heat for about 2-3minutes or until the sugar is dissolved and the peaches are beginning to let off juice. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt cannabutter and butter together and add to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk just until combined. Pour the mixture into the pan, over the melted butter and use a spatula to smooth it into an even layer.
- Spoon the prepared peaches and their juices over the batter. Sprinkle the top of the cobbler with cinnamon.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until crust is browned and fruit is bubbly. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.