This ultra creamy Marijuana Mac and Cheese, with just the right hint of spice, makes for the ultimate stoner comfort food entrée. The crunchy panko breadcrumb topping makes it even more crave-able, so watch portions sizes to make sure you don’t over medicate.
I used marijuana butter to medicate the Jalapeño Marijuana Mac and Cheese recipe. My How to Make Marijuana Butter tutorial will show you how to make it.
A note about the Dosage for the Marijuana Mac and Cheese recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Jalapeno Marijuana Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/8 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/8 cup butter
- 3 jalapeno pepper large, 2 finely chopped and 1 thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/8 to1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Set an oven rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Strain, reserving 1 3/4 cups of the pasta water. Set strained pasta and reserved water aside.
- Melt the canna-butter and butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped jalapenos to the saucepan and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to a small bowl and reserve.
- Add the half-and-half to the saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it just comes to a simmer. Continue simmering until the half-and-half is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Whisk in the Cheddar and Pepper Jack until all the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Stir in the macaroni and reserved pasta water until mixture is well combined.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Don’t worry if things look soupy, the macaroni will absorb lots of sauce as it bakes.
- Mix the panko crumbs with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Spread an even thin layer of buttered bread crumbs over the top of the pan.
- Arrange jalapeno slices on top of the breadcrumbs.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and topping of lightly browned, about 20 minutes.