What could be better than everyone’s favorite summer dessert made with a little help from Mary Jane?
I love this weed strawberry shortcake recipe because they it's not too sweet, but it perfectly offsets the ripe delicious strawberries. Top it all off with real whipped cream and you’ll understand why this dish is such a classic.
For best results, start with butter and cannabis infused butter that is VERY cold. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes before you start making the recipe.
Don’t be afraid to play around with the basic recipe. Think of it in the broader terms of Weed Fruit Shortcakes! Likewise, these shortcakes are also terrific topped with other types of berries too. And don’t forget peach shortcakes when stone fruits come into season. You could even use apple pie filling for a cannabis infused apple shortcake. Your imagination is the limit.
A note about the Dosing the Weed Strawberry Shortcake recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or better yet, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cannabis Strawberry Shortcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla 2 tablespoons cannabis infused butter very cold 6 tablespoons butter, very cold
- 2 pints strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Meanwhile wash and quarter strawberries and combine with sugar and water. Set aside at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Stir together buttermilk, salt, sugar, and vanilla extract. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Grate cold butter and cannabis butter, using the large holes of a grater, placed over the flour mixture. In other words, grate the butter and cannabutter into the flour mixture.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour-butter mixture and mix together with a large spoon. Once generally mixed, use your hands to press dough together. Do not overmix, just enough to bring the dough together.
- Gather the dough, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into a 10-inch round. Cut into 8 round shortcakes using a round biscuit cutter or the bottom of a large drinking glass. Place circles an inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush surface of biscuits with water and sprinkle generously with granulated sugar.
- Place in oven and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before making shortcakes.
- With an electric mixer, whip cream in a cold bowl until beginning to thicken, Add sugar, and vanilla and continue to whip until cream is a thick consistency.
- Split shortcakes in half add strawberries and some of their juices to one half. Top with cream and the second biscuit half. Garnish with more strawberries and cream and serve immediately.