Too much CBD has no known side effects, nonetheless, too much is not necessarily the most effective therapeutic dose.
According to Martin Lee, director of Project CBD (the web’s best source for credible CBD information) in many cases, less is more. He says that when mixed with THC, far lower doses of CBD are needed, often as little as 2.5 mgs. However, those using a pure CBD isolate or distillate will require a far higher dose.
In all cases, CBD works best in the presence of some THC and the full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes in whole plant medicine. Some of you reading, however, may not have this option, depending on where you live and what the current laws allow concerning cannabis. The second best option is a full-spectrum high CBD hemp product like those made by Joy Organics.
Everyone’s CBD needs are different and while one person may do well on a low dose of 2.5 milligrams, others will need much more, even up to a gram or more.
Lee suggests taking several small doses over the course of several days instead of one large dose, and then noting how you feel. He also cautions that cannabis is biphasic, meaning that low and high doses can produce opposite effects, so take things slowly to discover your optimal dose range.
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Recipe for Vegan CBD Eggnog
- 2 cups raw hemp milk
- 4 cups frozen thai coconut meat
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons organic raw chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 drops orange flavored CBD tincture see notes above, more as needed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt preferably Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Add all ingredients except nutmeg to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide mixture between two glasses, sprinkle nutmeg on top, and serve.
(This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I get a commission, which in turn, helps me keep this site running. However, know that I NEVER endorse products I don't personally use and like.)