Here is you must-have recipe for summer! You can use the versatile sweet and spicy marijuana barbecue sauce to add flavor to most any grilled food – ribs, beef, pork, chicken, even grilled tofu or vegetables!
But that's not all! I have purposely designed this recipe to make a lot as you will use 2 cups of it to make Slow Cooker BBQ “Baked” Beans (click link for recipe). If you don’t plan on making beans, you might want to cut this sauce recipe in half, or maybe not. It is useful, versatile, and delicious.
I use marijuana oil to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per 1/4 cup serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Mary Jane's Marijuana Barbecue Sauce
- 1 onion medium, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 24 ounces ketchup 1 bottle
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mustard yellow or brown
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in the bottom of a medium saucepan.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring for another minute before stirring in the chili powder, cumin, black pepper and cayenne, if using.
- Stir in the ketchup and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, and cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, stirring often. (It helps to have a splatter screen to cover your pot.)
- Cool and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made up to 4 days ahead of time.
Dosing & Marijuana OilClick here for instructions for making Marijuana Infused Oil. **This dose is only a suggestion. For more accurate dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing course.
(This post was originally published August 2018.)