These easy to make cannabis bran muffins are filled with fiber. They make a terrific wake and bake breakfast item, or a healthy (ish) snack any time of day.
You can dress up weed bran muffins by adding raisins, dried cranberries, or even chopped dates. Of course, they are also delicious plain or slathered with a little butter.
I use marijuana infused oil to medicate this recipe. Any neutral flavored oil will do well, but I have even had good luck making marijuana bran muffins with olive oil. Coconut oil is my favorite cannaoil of all for bran muffins.
My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make cannaoil, if you don't already know.
Freezer Friendly Cannabis Bran Muffins!
After baking, let cool completely, then wrap individual portions and freeze. Bring to room temperature and enjoy anytime you need a medicated treat!
A note about the Dosing for Cannabis Bran Muffins!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per marijuana muffin IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my basic Dosing course. Even better, my handy dosage calculator tools will do all the math for you.
Marijuana Bran Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cannabis-infused oil preferably neutral flavor such as grapeseed, vegetable, or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons oil preferably neutral flavor such as grapeseed, vegetable, or canola oil
- 1 egg large
- 2/3 cup brown sugar light or dark, firmly packed
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cranberries, or chopped dates optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin cups with vegetable shortening or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix the wheat bran and buttermilk together until blended and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat together canna-oil, oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to buttermilk/bran mixture.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until just blended. Fold in raisins, dried cranberries, or chopped dates, if using. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.