Rich fudgy mini-cupcakes, studded with chocolate chips, are topped with an even richer chocolate/sour cream ganache frosting. The store-bought candy eyeballs (available at all cake decorating shops and online), makes decorating these little medicated treats super fast and easy.
Leftovers mini cannabis cupcakes freeze well, just wrap in plastic wrap or place in a freezer. Bring to room temperature anytime and enjoy.
A note about the Dosage for the Mini Cannabis Cupcakes recipe!
This recipe will make 88 mini cannabis cupcakes, each containing about 5 mg THC IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil.
Someone with a high tolerance might eat 3 or 4, someone who is a lightweight can stop at one. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Eyes in the Dark Mini-Cupcakes -- Halloween Marijuana Recipes
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix 19.25 ounce box
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix 2 ounce box
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused oil
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 4 large eggs large
- 2 cups mini-chocolate chips
- 11 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup sour cream
- 170 candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper cupcake liners in cupcake pans.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer on low to mix together dry cake and pudding mixes. Mix in sour cream, cannabis oil, espresso or coffee, and eggs. Beat until everything is combined but do not over beat. The batter will be thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake cups slightly more than 1/2 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when touched. Remove from oven and cool cupcakes completely, outside of pan, on a wire rack before frosting.
Frost and Decorate
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in the top of a double boiler or in a stainless steel bowl suspended over simmering water. Stir until just melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before stirring in the sour cream. Chill for 10 minutes or so.
- Use a small spatula to spread of layer of the ganache onto the top of each cupcake, going all the way to the edges.
- Place 2 candy eyeballs on each cupcake.