These marijuana cupcakes are easy to make ahead of time, well before the madness of the holiday rush sets in. Keep them in the freezer and simply thaw and enjoy anytime you need a treat or a thoughtful homemade gift for that special stoner in your life.
I use Marijuana Butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Gingerbread Marijuana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Molasses Icing - Recipes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger dried, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar preferably dark brown
- 2 eggs large
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse raw sugar for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 16 muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir to combine well.
- Beat together melted cannabis butter, eggs, brown sugar, molasses, and milk until well blended.
- Beat in dry ingredients until just until batter is smooth. Fill each lined muffin cup 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are firm and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in molasses and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar and continue to beat until all ingredients are combined and icing is smooth.
- Use the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula to swirl a generous amount of icing on each cupcake, leaving a small border of cake exposed around the edge as in the photo.
- If desired sprinkle coarse raw sugar over the top.