Just because you need to avoid or eliminate gluten does not mean you can’t enjoy pot brownies! Almond flour stands in for the traditional white flour used in most brownie recipes. You’ll never notice the difference. Costco carries reasonably priced organic almond flour, or you can order it online.
This recipe makes dense, fudgy gluten free marijuana brownies. They freeze exceptionally well: wrap individually then bring to room temperature and enjoy anytime.
I use Marijuana Butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Check Out the Ultimate Guide to Marijuana Brownies!
Check out my Ultimate Guide to Marijuana Brownies page for lots more delicious recipes for Cannabis Brownies, plus tips for freezing brownies, medicating and dosing your own favorite brownie recipes, marijuana brownies as a political statement, and pot brownies in pop culture!
Cannabis Brownies: Gluten Free Marijuana Brownies
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused butter melted
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder preferably Dutch processed
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with shortening, butter, or kitchen spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, beat together melted cannabis butter, butter, sugar, vanilla, and cocoa until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs.
- Beat in almond flour until well mixed and evenly combined.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out almost clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting.