Death by Chocolate! Well, if you gotta go, there's no better way. Halloween decorated weed cupcakes don't get any better than this! Rich fudgy cupcakes, studded with chocolate chips, are topped with an even richer chocolate/sour cream ganache frosting, then dipped in chocolate sandwich cookies crumbs.
Decorating the Death by Chocolate Weed Cupcakes is Easy!
These decorated weed cupcakes never fail to draw oohs and ahhs from happy party guests, but they are surprisingly easy to make!
The gravestone markers are just commercial cookies decorated with edible marking pens.
I used Pepperidge Farm Milanos for the gravestones. The edible marking pens are by Wilton. You can find them in most supermarkets, in the same section where they keep the birthday candles, or order the Wilton Edible Food Writer marking pens online from Amazon here.
The "dirt" is nothing more than crumbled up Oreo cookies.
A note about the Dosage for the "Death by Chocolate" Decorated Weed Cupcakes recipe!
This recipe will have about 30 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
More 420 Halloween Fun!
Halloween Marijuana Recipes - Death by Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix 19.25 ounces
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix 2 ounces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused oil
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 11 ounces good quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies such as Oreo
- 24 oblong shaped cookies I used Pepperidge Farm Milanos
- black edible marker
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer on low to mix together dry cake and pudding mixes. Mix in sour cream, cannabis oil, espresso or coffee, and eggs. Beat until everything is combined but do not over beat. The batter will be thick. Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill cupcake cups slightly more than 1/2 full. An ice cream scoop makes a quick, easy, and neat way of filling the cupcake pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when touched. Remove from oven and cool cupcakes completely, outside of pan, on a wire rack before frosting.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in the top of a double boiler or in a stainless steel bowl suspended over simmering water. Stir until just melted and smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly before stirring in the sour cream. Chill for 10 minutes or so.
- Use a small spatula to spread of layer of the ganache onto the top of each cupcake, going all the way to the edges. Don’t worry about being fancy, it will all be covered.
- Crush chocolate sandwich cookies into fine crumbs – a food processor or blender makes quick work of this. Dip each frosted cookie top into the cookie crumb “dirt” to cover the surface completely. Use an edible marker to write “RIP” on each of the cookies. Press cookies into the cupcakes as shown in the photos. Place some at angle, take the bottom of some cookies off to make them shorter than other, so that the cookies are a little different. If you are having trouble getting the cookies to stand, a little melted ganache or a dab of Nutella makes a great edible “glue.”