(Be sure to also check out How to Make the Best Cannabis Cookies: Recipes, Tips & Troubleshooting)
‘Tis the season when friends all over the country are gathering for holiday cookie swap parties. Think how much more fun this traditional holiday party would be if everyone were exchanging cannabis-infused cookies! That's right a marijuana cookie swap party.
The basic idea for a cookie swap party is for everyone at the party to bring a batch of their homemade cookies to share – enough to give each guest at the party about 6 cookies. At the end of the party, each guest goes home with a variety of different cookies to enjoy throughout the holiday season.
There are some practical adjustments when turning the idea into a cannabis cookie swap party, starting with reducing the required amount of cookies each person needs to bring.
If you and your friends are flush with cannabis, you might keep it at 6, but 2 or 3, or even 1, would still provide everyone with a variety of medicated treats to help them through the holidays.
And who doesn't need medicated treats to help them through the holidays?
Here are some tips and ideas for hosting a simple but successful Marijuana Cookie Swap Party:
- Most cookie doughs can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer until you are ready to roll and bake.
- Most baked cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 5 days or more.
- Since each person should bring enough cookies to the party to give each of the other guests a designated number of cookies, you’ll want to keep the overall guest list relatively small, say 10 or less people who all enjoy cooking with cannabis.
- Set some parameters and coordinate with guests ahead of time so that not everyone is making the same kind of cookie.
- Let everyone know how many people are expected so they know how many cannabis cookies to bring.
- Have paper, plastic wrap, bakery boxes or other packaging ready so guests can take their cookies home.
- At the party, set out trays, platters, and tongs for people to display and collect their cookies.
- Serve refreshments like coffee, tea, cider, hot chocolate, and maybe even have some light sandwiches on hand.
Adding Marijuana to Cookie Recipes and Marijuana Cookie Dosing
Not sure what kind of cookies to make? There are lots of recipe links below. Beyond that, most cookie recipes use butter in the mix, so it’s easy to swap in cannabutter instead.
Pay attention to dosing. Depending on your recipe, you may want to combine cannabutter along with some non-medicated butter in order to achieve a proper dose. I created a short free online class that will show you how to estimate how many milligrams of THC are in each of your cookies.
What's the proper attire for a Marijuana Holiday Cookie Swap Party? Cannabis Themed "Ugly" Christmas Sweaters of course!
You'll be amazed at the wide variety of hilarious kitschy marijuana-themed sweaters and sweatshirts there are. You KNOW cannabis has gone mainstream when a Middle American suburban trend has its own marijuana sub-category.