This is my all time favorite weed cookie recipe. It’s been in my repertoire for years, but only recently with cannabis, so now these are my all-time favorite marijuana cookies!
Use Cannabutter for Lemon Cannabis Cookies
Cannabutter gives these cookies the best flavor and texture. My Making Marijuana Butter tutorial will help you make it.
If you use a lemon or citrus strain of cannabis, even better. My Cannabis Terpenes tutorial will teach you more about matching the terpenes in cannabis to your edibles.
A note about the Dosage for the Lemon Cannabis Cookies recipe
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per cookie IF you made your cannabutter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Marijuana Cookies - Lemon Poppyseed Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a small bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat cannabutter and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar until well combined. Add egg, poppy seeds, lemon zest and lemon extract and mix until just combined.
- Divide dough in half and press into two large discs, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out a dough disk to 1/8 inch thickness. Use a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter (or the bottom of a small glass) to cut out cookies. Arrange on the prepared baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Gather the scraps and re-roll to make more cookies. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cookies are just starting to turn brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat all the filling ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Spread a thin layer of filling on the bottom of one cookie and press another cookie, bottom side down, onto the filling.
- Chill until ready to serve. Try to assemble the cookies as near to the time when you will be eating them as possible as extended time in the refrigerator will make them lose their crispness.