These ultra rich marijuana brownies combine the best of two worlds, dense chocolate fudge and rich creamy peanut butter to make a brownie that looks as good as it tastes. I use Marijuana Butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 55 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Check Out the Ultimate Guide to Marijuana Brownies!
Check out my Ultimate Guide to Marijuana Brownies page for lots more delicious recipes for Cannabis Brownies, plus tips for freezing brownies, medicating and dosing your own favorite brownie recipes, marijuana brownies as a political statement, and pot brownies in pop culture!
Marijuana Brownies: Cannabis Infused Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie Recipe
- 1/2 cup cocoa preferably Dutch process
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cannabis infused butter melted
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust oven rack to lowest position.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving about a one-inch overhang on all sides. Spray foil with cooking spray or oil.
- Heat water to boiling in a medium pan on the stovetop. Reduce heat and whisk in cocoa until smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chopped chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in melted cannabutter and butter.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk until smooth and well mixed.
- Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated.
- Stir in flour and salt and mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and use a rubber spatula so spread evenly to the edges in a uniform layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted halfway between edge and center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours, before proceeding.
Prepare Peanut Butter Filling:
- Beat together the peanut butter, butter and salt with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low gradually beat in confectioner’s sugar. Beat in vanilla extract. Increase the speed to medium-high and add milk, a tablespoon at a time, until you get a smooth very thick, yet spreadable, consistency. If it seems a too dry, add another splash of milk, too loose, don’t add as much milk. The consistency of your peanut butter will have a lot to do with it.
- Use a rubber or offset spatula to spread the peanut butter filling in an even layer over the cooled brownies in the pan.
- Melt together the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely smooth and melted. Pour the mixture over the peanut butter layer and spread into an even layer with a rubber or offset spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Using foil overhang, carefully lift brownies out of the pan onto a cutting board. Cut into squares and serve.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for longer storage (see notes at top of page).