These little Marijuana Bundt cakes could not be easier to make, as they doctor up a plain cake mix and turn it into something extraordinary.
I was trying to come up with a recipe for St Patrick’s Day when I came up with this marijuana Bundt cake, so Irish cream liqueur was on my mind. Then I happened upon a box of Pistachio pudding mix hiding in the back of my pantry and thought why not? The flavors will match well and it will make the cakes look green.
Well the flavors did match well. These little treats are delicious. But…the color was barely green. So if you want green cakes for a marijuana St. Patrick’s Day celebration (or any other time), add a few drops of food coloring to your batter.
I used infused coconut oil to make these cakes. I especially love coconut oil in cakes because it creates an ultra-moist cake. If you don’t have coconut oil on hand, you could use any other neutral flavor infused oil, such as canola oil or vegetable oil, instead.
Make Making Marijuana Oil tutorial can show you how to make cannabis infused oils.
The chopped nuts are optional. I left them out in the cakes in the photos as I wanted to emphasize the designs of the cake pans, but they are a nice addition.
I baked these cakes in mini-silicone Bundt cake pans like the ones above. I love making individual portions when it comes to edibles as it makes it easier to monitor your dosage and portions. However, you could also make this as a single large Bundt cake in a 10-inch Bundt cake pan.
Freezer Friendly Marijuana Bundt Cake
These little cakes freeze exceptionally well, so you don’t have to be in a hurry to finished them all off. Cool completely and wrap each cake individually in plastic wrap and freeze. Bring to room temperature and enjoy anytime you need a medicated treat.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 35 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to use me handy dosage calculator (included with the class).
Marijuana Bundt Cake -- Pistachio Irie Irish Cream Mini Bundt Cakes
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts optional
- 1 box yellow cake mix 18 1/2 ounces
- 1 box instant pistachio pudding mix 3 ½ ounces
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Irish cream liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 18 mini Bundt pans, or 1 large 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts, if using, evenly over bottom of the prepared pans.
- Mix together cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Mix in eggs, water, melted canna-coconut oil and Irish cream liqueur and beat just until smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide batter between the prepared pans, pouring over the nuts, if using.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, before removing to a cooling rack.
- Prepare glaze by combining butter, 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1/3 cup Irish cream.
- Use a wooden skewer to prick top and sides of cake. Spoon glaze over top and brush onto sides of cake. Allow to absorb glaze and repeat until all the glaze is used up. Serve.