(Be sure to also check out my big cookie feature: How to Make the Best Cannabis Cookies: Recipes, Tips, and Troubleshooting.)
What are cannabis cinnamon roll cookies? They're a crunchy cookie version of your favorite morning pastry made into an edible.
Delicate tender nutmeg spiced sugar cookie dough rolls around the cinnamon sugar filling to create the pretty swirls. It may look difficult but it’s actually quite easy.
Just roll out the dough, sprinkle with filling, roll it all up into a log and slice just in the way you would with store bought refrigerator cookie dough.
In fact, if you want to make these ahead of time, roll the logs of dough and freeze until you are ready to bake. Thaw enough to slice and continue on with fresh baked cookies anytime you want them!
You will need Marijuana Butter to infuse this recipe. My how to-tutorial can help you make it if you don't already have this staple in your cannabis cooking arsenal.
A note about the Dosing the Cannabis Cinnamon Roll Cookies!
This recipe will have about 10 mg THC per cookie IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it. To make it even easier, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Mary Jane's Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Gather the dough and form it into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- On a floured surface, the dough to about 1/8-inch thickness. Use a knife to even out the edges.
- Brush the rolled out surface with melted butter.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over dough.
- Begin to roll the dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and put dough in the freezer for about 15 minutes -- until firm but not frozen hard.
- Take dough out of freezer and begin cutting into 1/2-inch slices. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are starting to brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.