The ultimate classic holiday cookie gets a makeover from the addition of cannabis butter.
Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
Besides cookies use these handy cutters to cut out shapes from pie dough and other doughs, cut tea sandwiches, use as marijuana-shaped ring molds, help decorate cakes (fill in the outline), and even to make cannabis shaped fried eggs!
Marijuana Leaf Cookie Cutter Set
You can also use any cookie cutters or even the bottom of a glass if you don’t have marijuana leaf cookie cutters.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
Each of the 36 cookies in this recipe will have about 15 mg THC, IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Marijuana Cookies - Ganja Gingerbread
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup cannabis butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Tubes of store bought decorator’s icing optional
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside.
- Use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to beat the cannabis butter, butter, brown sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Beat in the molasses and vanilla.
- Lower mixer speed and stir in the dry ingredients until smooth. Do not over mix. The dough should be firm but not crumbly.
- Divide dough into thirds and flatten each piece into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Roll a refrigerated disk to 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes and transfer to a large greased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool slightly before transferring to a rack.
- Cool completely before using decorator’s icing to embellish.
Making Marijuana Butter & DosingThis tutorial will teach you to make the marijuana butter used in this recipe. **This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.