(Be sure to also check out my big cookie feature: How to Make the Best Cannabis Cookies: Recipes, Tips, and Troubleshooting.)
Why make a cannabis gingerbread house that nobody will ever eat when you can make delicious festive marijuana gingerbread cookies that everyone will love instead?
The Marijuana Gingerbread cookies also make wonderful DIY holiday gifts for the edibles lovers in your life. And here's a little known secret: these are the cookies that Santa really wants!
This handy set off cookie cutter will help you make the festive Marijuana Gingerbread Cookies.
Besides cookies, use these handy cutters to cut out shapes from pie dough to top cannabis pies and other doughs. You can also use them to cut tea sandwiches. Use them as marijuana-shaped ring molds for salads and molded desserts. They are even handy to help decorate cakes (fill in the outline). If that's not enough you can even use the large cutter to make cannabis shaped fried eggs!
Marijuana Leaf Cookie Cutter Set at Amazon
If you don't have marijuana leaf cookie cutters, no worries. You can also use any cookie cutters or even the bottom of a glass to cut out the cookies. BUT, besides being decorative, using the marijuana leaf cookies cutters takes away the possibility of folks saying they did not know the cookies were "spiked."
A note about the Dosing for Marijuana Gingerbread Cookies!
Each of the 36 cookies in this cannabis infused gingerbread cookie recipe will have about 15 mg THC, IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter.
To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it. This invaluable class takes into account the strength of the marijuana YOU are cooking with and the amounts you used to make YOUR butter. Better yet, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Marijuana Cookies - Ganja Gingerbread
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Tubes of store bought decorator’s icing optional
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside.
- Use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to beat the cannabis butter, butter, brown sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Beat in the molasses and vanilla.
- Lower mixer speed and stir in the dry ingredients until smooth. Do not over mix. The dough should be firm but not crumbly.
- Divide dough into thirds and flatten each piece into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Roll a refrigerated disk to 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes and transfer to a large greased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool slightly before transferring to a rack.
- Cool completely before using decorator’s icing to embellish.