Lightly spiced cookies offset sweet jam filling in this cannabis infused version of the classic Linzer cookies.
I used heart shaped cookie cutters, but you can use any shapes. If you don’t have cookie cutters, try a large drinking glass to cut our large circles and a shot glass to cut out the inners circles. This recipe will make about 32 cookie sandwichs, if you keep re-rolling the center cutouts.
You can make this cookie dough ahead of time and store in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to roll out, bake and fill.
I use marijuana butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
Each of the 32 sandwich cookies in this recipe will have about 18 mg THC per cookie sandwich IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool included with the class.
Cannabis Cookies" Lit Linzer Heart Jam Filled Marijuana Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 1 cup strawberry or raspberry jam
- About 1/2 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix together flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add vanilla extract, and beat until everything is well combined, again stopping to scrape down bowl as necessary.
- Lower mixer speed to low and add in dry ingredients all at once. Mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- Divide dough in 2 equal pieces, and wrap each piece in cling film, patting into a 1-inch-thick disk. Chill at least 2 hours before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Working with 1 disk at a time, roll out the dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until it's about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a 3-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as possible. Take half of these cookies and cut a smaller shape from the interior of the larger cookie. If the dough becomes too soft slide it onto a cookie sheet and chill for a few minutes in the freezer before continuing. Gather any scraps of dough, combine them and roll them out, chilling as necessary until all the cookies are cut. Transfer dough cookies to the parchment-lined baking sheets spaced about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just starting to turn golden. Cool completely before filling.
- To assemble, spread a thin coating of jam onto the flat sides of the larger cookies. Dust the tops of the cutout cookies with powdered sugar and place on top of jam-spread cookies. Serve.
Making Marijuana Butter and DosingThis tutorial will teach you to make the marijuana butter used in this recipe. This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. To learn how to PRECISELY dose this and other recipes, take my FREE online dosing course (takes about 10 minutes).