These marijuana cupcakes feature swirls of Nutella (or any other brand of Chocolate-Hazelnut spread) mingling with orange cupcake batter. They are quick and easy to make. They need no frosting. And they pack well for edibles on the go.
You can also wrap the orange Nutella Marijuana cupcakes individually and freeze.
Freezing helps keep you from eating too many cannabis cupcakes. It also helps them last far longer. When ready to eat, pull out just the amount you need, bring to room temperature, and enjoy.
I use cannabbutter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
You'll need a Muffin Pan to make Marijuana Cupcakes, if you don't already have one, click this link to shop for one at Amazon.com.
(Gandalf Pipe in recipe photo by Chameleon Glass)
A note about the Dosage for the Orange Nutella Marijuana Cupcakes recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per muffin IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the cupcakes' dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Marijuana Cupcakes - Orange Nutella Swirl Cannabis Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused oil at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest finely grated
- 3/4 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffins cups/cupcake cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat cannabis butter, butter, and sugar together until well combined and light.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Beat in milk, orange extract, and orange zest until well mixed and frothy.
- Lower mixer speed and slowly add dry ingredients. Beat until just mixed and lump free, do not over mix.
- Divide batter between the 12 paper-lined cupcake cups in the pan.
- Place 1 tablespoon Nutella on top of each cupcake.
- Take a wooden BBQ skewer or a toothpick and drag it through each cupcake, making swirls, mixing so some batter and some Nutella is showing at the top (don’t worry about mixing all the Nutella into the batter, more is supposed to be on top). Don’t worry if it looks ugly at this point!
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out without crumbs. Enjoy warm or cooled. Cool completely before wrapping and freezing.