These marijuana cupcakes feature swirls of Nutella (or any other brand of Chocolate-Hazelnut spread) mingling with orange cupcake batter instead of frosting. They pack well for an edible on the go. You can also wrap individually and freeze. When ready to eat, pull out just the amount you need, bring to room temperature and enjoy.
I use marijuana butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per muffin IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool included with the class.
You’ll need a Muffin Pan to make Marijuana Cupcakes, if you don’t already have one, click this link to shop for one at Amazon.com.
Marijuana Cupcakes - Orange Nutella Swirl Cannabis Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused oil at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest finely grated
- 3/4 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffins cups/cupcake cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat cannabis butter, butter, and sugar together until well combined and light.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Beat in milk, orange extract, and orange zest until well mixed and frothy.
- Lower mixer speed and slowly add dry ingredients. Beat until just mixed and lump free, do not over mix.
- Divide batter between the 12 paper-lined cupcake cups in the pan.
- Place 1 tablespoon Nutella on top of each cupcake.
- Take a wooden BBQ skewer or a toothpick and drag it through each cupcake, making swirls, mixing so some batter and some Nutella is showing at the top (don’t worry about mixing all the Nutella into the batter, more is supposed to be on top). Don’t worry if it looks ugly at this point!
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out without crumbs. Enjoy warm or cooled. Cool completely before wrapping and freezing.
Making Marijuana Butter and DosingThis tutorial will teach you to make the marijuana butter used in this recipe. This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. To learn how to PRECISELY dose this and other recipes, take my FREE online dosing course (takes about 10 minutes).
More Recipes for Marijuana Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cupcakes from The Easy Cannabis Cookbook
- Banana Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Frosting
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Molasses Icing
- Death by Chocolate Cupcakes