It’s amazing how a little lime juice can transform an ordinary cake mix and frosting recipe into something extraordinary. These little cakes do not rise as much as traditional cupcakes, so fill the cupcake liners almost full before baking.
I use marijuana infused coconut oil to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
My favorite oil to use is infused coconut oil. It gives the cupcakes a wonderful mild coconut flavor that goes perfectly lime. Coconut oil also makes exceptionally moist baked goods. In fact, you can usually substitute it 1 for 1 for butter in most baked goods recipes and still get great results.
A note about the Dosage for Key Lime Weed Cupcakes!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (below).
Marijuana Cupcakes: Recipe for Kusky Key Lime Cupcakes
- Electric mixer
- 1 box (423 grams) white cake mix
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 3 large egg large
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime zest
- 24 thin slices lime for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin tin cups with paper
- Add cake mix, 1/2 cup lime juice, water, cannabis oil, and eggs to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed until well combined and no lumps remain. Do not overbeat.
- Fill each cupcake liner almost full. You should have enough batter for 24
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat butter and lime juice together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in confectioner’s sugar until you have a light, fluffy frosting.
- Put frosting in a pastry bag with a decorator’s tip and pipe icing onto cupcakes, allowing a small edge to show.
- Sprinkle lime zest on top of frosted cupcakes. If desired, garnish with a thin slice of lime.