Rich egg custard gets enhanced with the traditional eggnog flavors of rum and nutmeg…and a little added something from kief or finely ground hash for this Marijuana Eggnog Custard. By using the concentrate, the cannabis flavor doesn’t overwhelm, even though this is a somewhat delicately flavored dessert.
This recipe is super easy and quick to prepare (minus baking time) as long as you have oven proof ramekins or baking cups. You could alternatively make the entire recipe in one larger 3-cup baking dish, but individual cups make it far easier to control portions and likewise the cannabis dosage.
I use decarboxylated kief or hash to medicate this recipe. Learn more about Cooking with Hash and Kief at this link.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 30 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Marijuana Recipes: Eggnog Custard
- 3 eggs large
- 2/3 cup sugar granulated
- 1 1/4 cups milk preferably whole
- 3/4 cup cream heavy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 tablespoons dark run optional
- 1/2 gram kief, hash or hash oil decarboxylated, finely ground (for hash)
- 1 teaspoons nutmeg ground
- whipped cream and additional nutmeg for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Whisk in milk, cream, extracts, rum (if using), and kief or hash.
- Divide the mixture between 6 (1/2 cup) ramekins or oven proof cups. Place filled cups in a roasting pan. Add enough hot water to the pan to reach about halfway up the sides of the cups. Carefully, so as not to splash water, place the pan in the preheated oven and for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle tops of custard with a small amount of grated nutmeg upon removing them from the oven. Let cool for 15 minutes before refrigerating to chill completely. Serve as is or garnish with whipped cream sprinkle with additional nutmeg (but go easy on the nutmeg as it has a strong flavor).
Decarboxylation & Dosing Kief and Hash* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 275 degrees F for 25 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.