It’s Pumpkin Spice Season! If you enjoy the season’s favorite coffee drink, the Pumpkin Spice Latte, imagine how much better a Pumpkin Spice Weed Latte would be! It’s easy to make at home.
I like to use decarboxylated dry ice kief to medicate this recipe, but you could also use infused cream or milk if you have that. This link will teach you all about cooking with kief and hash, and this link to will take you to an easy 2-minute video that shows just how easy to is to make dry ice kief.
(PS in my ingredient photo below, I forgot to put the bottle of vanilla extract in there (I hate it when I do that), but don’t forget it when you make the drink as it helps give the Pumpkin Spice Weed Latte a rich complex flavor.)
Pumpkin Spice Latte (kief is mixed into my spice mix, cause I use this a lot!). When you gather the ingredients, don't forget the vanilla extract, like I did in this photo.[/caption]
A note about the Dosing for Pumpkin Spice Weed Latte!
This recipe will have about 50 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC).
To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or better yet, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Marijuana Pumpkin Spice Latte -- Cannabis Recipes
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus more to garnish
- 1/4 gram decarboxylated kief or finely ground decarboxylated hash
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1/4 cup heavy cream whipped until firm peaks form (or use canned whipped topping)
- In a small saucepan mix together the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and dry ice kief. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat, for about 30 seconds. Stir in the sugar and cook for another 30 seconds. Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract. Continue to cook, stirring, until mixture is very hot, but do not boil.
- To mix you can use a hand whisk, an immersion blender, or transfer contents to a blender. Blend until well mixed and frothy.
- Divide hot espresso between two mugs. Top each mug with half the pumpkin mixture. Top with whipped cream. If you like garnish the cream with a light sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice or ground nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Is the hash or kief supposed to completely dissolve, or is it normal for some to collect on the bottom?
Different strains will react different ways and it also depends on the skill of the person making it and how much plant matter is in there. Some will leave residue while others will almost totally dissolve.
I dont have the ability to purchase hash or have enough kief to make anything, how do i enjoy your recipe’s using flowers or oils
Without kief I think I would infuse the milk and cream with decarbed flowers (The Mason Jar method would work well for this). That would give you the best flavor. Alternately you could infuse some MCT coconut oil or butter and kind of make a Pumpkin Spice version of a Bullet Coffee. If doing this use a milk frother so the oil gets emulsified into the coffee. You could also choose to make kief, which is quite easy (video below)
Mason Jar Infusion Infusion Method — https://www.cannabischeri.com/food/cooking-basics/how-to-make-marijuana-infusions-using-the-mason-jar-method/
How to Make Dry Ice Kief — https://www.cannabischeri.com/lifestyle/growing/how-to-make-dry-ice-kief/