Tart flavors from berries and citrus make these cakes a winner. True cannabis gourmets will want to make this with Lemon Haze or another citrusy strain, but any infused marijuana butter will do. Use fresh berries in season or frozen anytime. While I like using a mixture, you could also make these cakes with just one type of berry.
Use Marijuana Butter to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Butter tutorial can help you make it.
Freezer Friendly Marijuana Pound Cake!
Wrap extra portions in plastic wrap then foil, label and freeze for longer storage. Just bring to room temperature and enjoy anytime you want a medicated treat.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 40 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Berry Lemon Haze Pound Cakes - Marijuana Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs large
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup mixed berries fresh or frozen, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and lightly flour 8 mini loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in 1 cup sugar.
- Beat in eggs, extract and lemon juice.
- Beat in dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in berries with a rubber spatula.
- Fill each loaf pan about 1/2 full and bake until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out almost clean, about 50 minutes.
- Prepare glaze while cake is baking b storing together lemon juice and sugar in a small pan over how heat just until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Let cakes cool in pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around sides of pan and remove cakes to a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to brush tops of cakes with glaze.