Tart flavors from berries and citrus make this weed pound cake recipe a winner. True cannabis gourmets will want to make this with Lemon Haze or another citrusy strain. Or you could pick up on the berry part and use a Bluberry strain. But really any strain used to make infused marijuana butter will do.
I have baked individual pound cakes to make dosing and portion control easier. However you could alternately bake the weed pound cake in one big loaf pan and portion it out later,
Use fresh berries in season or frozen anytime. While I like using a mixture, you could also make these cakes with just one type of berry.
Use cannabutter to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Butter tutorial can help you make it. Alternately, you could substitute cannabis infused coconut oil for the butter. But I like the flavor better with butter.
Freezer Friendly Weed Pound Cake!
Wrap extra pound cake portions in plastic wrap then foil. Label and freeze for longer storage. SImply bring to room temperature and enjoy anytime you want an edibles treat.
A note about the Dosage for the Berry Lemon Weed Pound Cake recipe!
This recipe will have about 40 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup cannabutter. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Berry Lemon Haze Pound Cakes - Marijuana Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs large
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup mixed berries fresh or frozen, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and lightly flour 8 mini loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in 1 cup sugar.
- Beat in eggs, extract and lemon juice.
- Beat in dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in berries with a rubber spatula.
- Fill each loaf pan about 1/2 full and bake until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out almost clean, about 50 minutes.
- Prepare glaze while cake is baking b storing together lemon juice and sugar in a small pan over how heat just until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Let cakes cool in pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around sides of pan and remove cakes to a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to brush tops of cakes with glaze.