This is a lot of trouble and expense to go through to make a soup, but it is OOOOH so good and plenty rich enough to serve as a main course. I wrote the marijuana lobster bisque recipe to serve two, but you can double it.
I use cannabutter to medicate this recipe. My Making Marijuana Butter tutorial will help you make it.
A note about the Dosage for the Marijuana Lobster Bisque recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your cannabutter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup cannabutter.
To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your cannabis infused butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Marijuana Soup Recipes - Lobster Bisque
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 Maine lobster about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup shallots minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cannabis infused butter
- 1/2 cup tomato fresh, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons white rice uncooked
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- 1/4 cup cream
- Bring water and salt to a rolling boil in a large pot. Plunge lobster into pot and immediately cover. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. Use tongs to remove lobster but reserve water.
- When lobster is cool enough to handle, use a knife and nutcracker to remove the meat from the shells. Break off claw, and use a nutcracker to break the shell and remove the meat, trying to leave the large claw intact. Break tail off from body. Rinse body cavity and reserve.
- Place tail on its back and use a sharp knife to carefully split the shell down the center. Pull the shell away from the tail and remove meat. Roughly chop tail meat, and lower part of claws. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat and add lobster shells. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add wine and stir, followed by chicken stock and 2 cups of the reserved lobster water. Cook until reduced to about 3 1/2 cups. Strain out shells. Reserve stock.
- Heat the butter in the stock pot over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, add garlic and cannabis infused butter and cook for another minute, stirring constantly, before adding in the strained stock, tomato, brandy, rice, tomato paste, thyme, cayenne, and bay leaf. Simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and either use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Alternately add in batches to a blender and puree. Be cautious anytime you are blending hot liquids as it can splash and serious burns can occur. Make sure the lid is on tight and always start on the lowest speed!
- Return to pan (if using a traditional blender), stir in lemon juice and cream and heat just until very hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into bowls, add chopped lobster meat and serve.