One of my favorite marijuana recipes, none of that wimpy instant coffee granules stuff here, this gelato recipe is infused with real coffee beans, in addition to hash or kief. It makes a rich ice cream with a double kick from the coffee and the cannabis. If you need an extra strong dosage, serve with Cannabis Infused Hot Fudge Dessert Sauce.
Use decarboxylated Kief or Hash to medicate this recipe. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 50 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Cannabis Infused Espresso Gelato
- 2 cups milk whole
- 1 cup cream heavy
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar granulated, divided
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee beans coarsely ground
- 1 gram kief, hash or hash oil decarboxylated, finely ground (for hash)
- 2 egg yolks large
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, cream, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the ground espresso beans. Stir together or low heat until very warm but not boiling. Turn off heat and allow mixture to steep for 15 minutes or more.
- Pour mixture through a medium strainer to remove coffee grounds and return to pan.
- Stir kief or ground hash into coffee infused mixture over medium-low heat until incorporated and dissolved – do not boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place egg yolks, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and salt in a small bowl and whisk until egg yolks are thick and pale yellow. Whisking vigorously to prevent the eggs from scrambling, whisk in about 1/2 cup of the warm milk mixture. Continue whisking in milk mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time until it is all incorporated.. Return to heat and cook over medium low stirring constantly, until it starts to thicken. Do not boil, mixture should only reach about 185 degrees F (if you have a thermometer, if not heat until very hot).
- Remove from heat, place in a bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator until very cold, at least 6 hours.
- Stir vanilla extract into chilled mixture and pour into the freezer container of an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for making ice cream.
Decarboxylation and Dosing* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.