A reader asked of I had had any summer grilling marijuana recipes. Yes! Well, kind of. The grilled food itself is not medicated, that would be difficult if not impossible, but what goes ON the grilled food is easily medicated. Like this classic South American sauce of parsley, lemon, and garlic – the perfect accompaniment to grilled meats. I like flank steak because it is both flavorful and lean, but you could spoon this pungent sauce on to any of your favorite cuts of beef. While it might not be traditional, chimichurri is also delicious on grilled chicken or fish.
I use Marijuana Ooil to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 30 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Marijuana Recipes - Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused oil preferably olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice preferably fresh
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- Combine all ingredients except flank steak in a blender or food processor and process to puree and combine ingredients. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Grill over a medium-hot flame for about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve steak slices, cut against the grain, accompanied by chimichurri sauce.