A box cake mix makes this one of the easiest marijuana recipes for anyone to achieve great results. Yes, it makes 16 medicated servings, but you can freeze the leftover cakes to save for later.
I use marijuana butter to medicate this recipe. My Making Marijuana Butter tutorial will help you make it.
Mangoes and Marijuana
Did you know that many mango varieties share a terpene with cannabis (the chemical element of the plant that gives it aroma and flavor)? No wonder the two are a natural flavor match. Learn more about the Mango and Marijuana connection at this link, including why some people think eating mangoes can increase the length and intensity of your high.
How to Cut a Mango
Mangoes have a thick skin you will need to remove and they contain a single large flat oblong pit you will need to cut around. Always wash mangoes before peeling and cutting.
Take a look at your mango. Regardless of which variety you use, you will notice the fruit is oblong and one side will have what looks like a small round indentation or “eye” and/or a subtle ridge that run along it. The oblong pit runs just behind this. Put your mango on the cutting board and cut through the fruit about 1/4-inch off center from this point. Repeat, cutting about 1/4-inch from the other side of the center pit. This will leave you with two mango “cheeks.” Score the fruit into strips or cubes, taking care to not cut all the way through the skin. Now take a spoon and simply scoop out the mango slices or cubes. The center portion can also be peeled and you will be able to get a small amount of usable fruit from this piece by carving around the pit.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter and oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter or oil. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter and oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that includes my handy dosage calculator tool.
Marijuana Recipes - Mango Upsidedown Cakes
- butter for greasing baking dishes
- box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 3 eggs large
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup cannabis infused oil preferably vegetable or other neutral oil
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar preferably dark
- 3 cups mango diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 (1/2-cup size) ovenproof ramekins with regular butter.
- Pour 2 teaspoons melted canna-butter in the bottom of each ramekin and turn to coat bottom of the dish.
- Spread 1 tablespoon brown sugar on top of melted canna-butter and top with 1/4 cup diced mangoes spread evenly across the bottom of the ramekin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, nutmeg, cinnamon, eggs, canna-oil, and water. Use a whisk or an electric mixer to beat until well combined and batter is smooth. Pour 1/4-cup batter into each ramekin on tops of mangoes.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes before inverting each cake onto a serving plate. Carefully lift ramekin off to unmold. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
- Don’t have ovenproof ramekins? You can also bake these cakes in ordinary muffin tins, although it will make a few more cakes, slightly lower in dose, than the larger version.
- You can substitute pineapple rings for the mango to make a more traditional Pineapple Upsidedown Cake.