Mary Jane’s Kale Chips!
Kale chips are a healthy, tasty, trendy, snack food that cost a fortune when you buy them at the store. Not to mention I don’t know of ANY edibles companies currently selling medicated Kale Chips. I am not sure why as the addition of cannabis only makes this super health food that much healthier. No worries, it is easy to make kale chips at home and it takes no special equipment. If you have marijuana infused oil on hand, this recipe is a snap!
That said if you have a Food Dehydrator, by all means use it. I LOVE my Excaliber dehydrator and regularly use it for all kinds of foods like these kale chips, Marijuana Beef Jerky, and more. I regularly get fruits and veggies on sale and dehydrate for later use.
Kale Chips Seasoning Tip:
I recently made myself a batch of these and for the seasoning, I used Penzey’s Sandwich Sprinkle. OMG they were SOOOOOO good we really had to portion control ourselves. So now I make them without cannabis for regular snacking. Almost as satisfying as potato chips plus a whole lot healthier!
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Kale Chips: Marijuana Recipes
- 8 ounces kale fresh
- 4 teaspoons cannabis infused oil *
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Wash kale well before starting. Remove kale leaves from the stem, keeping the leaves as large as possible. The stems tend to be tough and woody, so removing them will give you a better finished product. The leaves come off easily by running your hand down the length of the stem. IMPORTANT: Take care to dry the kale leaves COMPLETELY before continuing. You can use a salad spinner for this purpose, or even use clean kitchen towels or paper towels. However you do it, make sure your kale leaves are completely dry before going on to the next step.
- Place dry kale leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle cannabis oil over and stir to mix completely, making sure all the leaves have a light coating of oil.
- Sprinkle in seasoning salt and toss to combine.
- Spread oiled, seasoned kale leaves in a single layer on a baking sheets (you will need two baking sheets to make this recipe). Don't overcrowd and keep it to a single layer so the kale can dry evenly.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, rotating baking pans once during cooking. When finished leaves will be in tact, but completely dry to the touch. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes before removing from pan. Cool leftovers completely and store in an airtight container.