As soon as you cut into one of these little chocolate cakes, hot chocolate lava starts flowing out for a to-die-for decadent medicated chocolate meal finale. All ovens vary, so watch carefully and do not over bake this recipe or the cakes will lose their lava component (although they will still be tasty). This recipe isn’t difficult, but there is a very short “perfect” window in which to remove the cakes from the oven. A minute more and they’re overcooked, a minute too little and the batter will be a runny mess.
I use Marijuana Butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
Each cake will have about 58 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
More Chocolate Marijuana Recipes
- Raw Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Chocolate Raspberry Trifles
Chocolate Marijuana Recipes: Mota Molten Lava Cake Recipe
- 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons cannabis infused butter
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup plus about 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream for serving optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 6 (6-ounce) ramekins and lightly dust with flour. Set aside on a baking sheet.
- Place 6 ounces of the chopped chocolate, along with the butter and canna-butter, in the top of a double boiler (or a metal bowl suspended over barely simmering water). Melt, stirring frequently, until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use an electric mixer at medium high speed to beat together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until thick and pale yellow in color, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in flour, followed by the chocolate mixture. Increase speed to medium and beat until mixture is smooth and glossy, about another minute.
- Divide half the batter between the 6 prepared ramekins. Sprinkle remaining chopped chocolate over batter and cover with remaining batter.
- Bake until just set -- center will still be jiggly -- about 10 minutes.