Cannabis Pesto is a wonderful medicated utility recipe to have around because it has so many uses.
Have some cooked pasta on hand? Versatile cannabis pesto sauce can almost instantly make weed spaghetti or any style of weed pasta.
You can also use cannabis pesto to flavor steamed or grilled vegetables, chicken, fish, or tofu for an instant medicated meal.
You can even use a light coating of cannabis pesto instead of sauce on pizza.
With strong flavor components like fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese, you’ll never notice the taste of the cannaoil in this recipe.
I use Marijuana Oil, specifically cannabis infused olive oil, to infuse this recipe. My Making Cannaoil Tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
Freezer Friendly Cannabis Pesto Sauce
For longer storage, freeze cannabis pesto sauce. Buy basil on sale, make a big batch of medicated pesto and keep on hand. When you want to enjoy a medicated entrée, remove the portion you need, bring to room temperature, and proceed with your pesto recipe.
A note about the Dosage for the Cannabis Pesto recipe!
This recipe will have about 44 mg THC per serving IF you made your cannaoil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the cannabis pesto dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Marijuana Recipes: Classic Cannabis Infused Pesto
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons canna-olive oil see note above
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender combine basil, garlic, Parmesan, and pine nuts or walnuts. Process to mix.
- With machine running, slowly drizzle in canna-olive oil and regular olive oil, if using.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.