Cannabis cooks can have a lot of creative freedom when choosing the ingredients for this sausage and cheese marijuana stuffed mushrooms. It’s been in my repertoire for years, although I rarely make it the same way twice.
While I used spicy chorizo sausage for the cannabis infused appetizers in the photo, you can use whatever kind of sausage you like best…or that you happen to have on hand.
Try making marijuana stuffed mushrooms with mild or hot Italian sausage. The recipe even works well with breakfast sausage or vegetarian sausage.
You can also play with the types of cheeses.
I used Romano mixed in with the filling this time, but any type of flavorful hard cheese such as Parmesan, or Asiago would also work.
On top, use a softer cheese that melts well, such as mozzarella, Provolone or Havarti.
This is one of those rare marijuana recipes that makes sense to actually use crumbled marijuana buds (also known as flowers) in the food. No need to infuse butter or oil, you actually cook with the same marijuana you smoke with (be sure to decarboxylate first).
A note about the Dosage for the Marijuana Stuffed Mushrooms recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per serving IF you use average cannabis (10% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Marijuana Recipes - Sausage and Sativa Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 white mushrooms extra large
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 1 gram crumbled marijuana bud decarboxylated
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 3 ounces hard cheese such as Parmesan, romano or asiago, shredded
- 8 thin slices soft melting cheese such as havarti, Provolone, mozzarella, cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a spoon and carefully remove the stems from the mushroom caps, leaving the caps intact. Discard stems, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sausage meat with ground bud until evenly combined. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. In order to avoid over heating the THC, cook only on medium heat, keep stirring and moving the meat while cooking, and cook just until meat is no longer raw. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs and shredded hard cheese until well combined.
- Divide filling among the 8 large mushroom caps. Top each stuffed mushroom with a thin slice of soft cheese. Bake until mushrooms and filling are heated through and the top cheese has melted and started to brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.