You can make this healthy wake and bake marijuana steel cut oats recipe in less time by using regular rolled oats. But I especially love it with steel cut oats (a.k.a. Irish oats). They have a wonderful chewy texture and nutty flavor, and are lower in calories than the rolled variety.
Whatever type oats you choose to use, this is the best way to eat oatmeal I've ever encountered. Not only because of the dose of cannabis, but also the protein and nutrient dense hemp seeds.
While hemp seeds may not have cannabinoids, they are nonetheless a "superfood" that provide all 9 essential amino acids, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They also help make this a filling meal that will stick with you a while.
I use cannabutter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
A note about the Dosage for Marijuana Steel Cut Oats!
Each of the 2 servings in this recipe will have about 25 mg THC IF you made your cannabutter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter.
To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how. Even better, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Steel Cut Oats with Blueberries, Agave, Greek Yogurt and Hemp Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 teaspoons cannabis-infused butter
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Bring water and salt to a boil in medium-sized pot.
- Stir in oats and cannabutter.
- Reduce heat to a bare simmer, and cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 12–15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in hemp seeds, yogurt and agave.
- Transfer to 2 serving bowls and top with fresh blueberries.